• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A small wishlist for Tripwire before support gets dropped

Sabinya

Apr 15, 2021
I was wondering if it's not much to ask before the game loses support and you move into KF3, if we could have for KF2 so it's still playable for those of us who like the game and will probably stick to playing it for way longer after KF3 gets released.

-Proper mod support

Back in Killing Floor 1 the Mutator list was great

as of right now this is only possible by downloading the dedicated server which is kind of unstable for most and takes about half the whole game size on disk

a way to be able to enable these mods for local play, in-game without the need to re-download all of the addons again and to set up an entire server just to play would be the biggest game changer for everyone

-Local servers support

Another thing that we have been waiting for the longest time are a way to actually play on a local server with friends without the need to; once more, set up a complicated server, and downloading again, all of our maps even if we already have them installed on the game.

be it listen, or peer to peer or any other way i think it's just important for us to have this specially if support for Killing Floor 3 becomes more important so Official Servers won't be always necessary

-SDK Update

One thing i think i've seen from a lot of modders mention is how complicated and hard to make mods compared to other games; Not impossible, fortunately.

but if we could see any improvements to these tools so new modders can approach these and expand the game well after it's sequel gets released;

it would definitely would be more than appreciated by every single player and the modding community so we can keep making this game better for everyone.

and hopefully we can also see these as we see it one of the most important features and strongest aspects since the classic Killing Floor

so we can hopefully see them sooner in Killing Floor 3