• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AI Agent Status And Feedback Thread

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Agents,

With the introduction of AI agents as part of Operation Overhaul Phase 1, we are looking for your feedback on how you would like to see them evolve.

Currently they are limited to the new player experience as well as private matches (which require 2 players to start) and come in two varieties, a more cautious agent, and one that looks for other agents by their actions and engages them.

As part of our planned next steps around them involve making them available as part of a solo/offline mode as they continue to improve, which will be made available to our PC Agents as part of an experimental option in a future major update (Due to development uncertainties, this may NOT be the NEXT major update).

The other major component of this will be continuing to improve their ability to understand the game loop and agent mechanics as well as looking to make them available at a set of different difficulty levels. Once again, there is not currently a firm timetable on when these improvements will become available.

So please let us know below any further thoughts or feedback you have with the AI Agents!

i was really excited to try out the new AI agents since i adore Madame Xui Deceive Inc., but don’t have the skill to go up against max players. But unfortunately since i’ve been playing on and off since the start of the game, my account level classifies me as “high skill” and i was still put into streamer lobbies and never won a fight or encountered an AI agent. 💔 i feel as tho maybe the ai should track my stats to see that i lose nearly all my interactions with agents and that my growth would benefit from more bots in my lobby. I’ve also heard of a couple people with this issue. i absolutely love the implementation of bot agents to the game, it’s something my squad and i have discussed that would positively impact the game, but if it’s difficult for the system to track my stats, maybe just being less picky about adding them in could be just as productive. I still love Deceive Inc, and will support you guys through every uphill battle and update! 🫶🏼

Upvote 0
    I feel like AI agents will be the death of the game. the point of the whole thing is that you try and distinguish player from AI. if the game is just full of AI's than what's the point.
    Like the other comment said, they should put bots in your lobby depending on your k/d ratio, and the point of bots is that you’re versing them instead of lvl 500s while still learning the game. The learning curve to this game is steep and it’ll benefit new players from staying in bot lobbies until they learn the mechanics and get their k/d up, then put in regular lobbies. And I don’t see it being more than 3-4 bots a lobby for the future. You’ll also still be paired with over low lvl players.

Reactions: loloid
    Upvote 0
    What does "new player experience" mean here exactly?
    AI bots in first few matches are fine, but it should be made perfectly clear when and what players are bots.
    Actually I'm not sure if you can even see the full list of players in the lobby/game, so you might want to do something about that too.

New players have their own separate queue to help prevent them from running into more skilled players until they learn more about the game mechanics.

Upvote 0