• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does KF3 support Mod development ?

I don't know how well it can being on ue5. Earlier versions of the unreal engine made it much easier to make games that supported modding to the level Killing Floor achieved. Perhaps the devs will come up with some sort of in-house method of modding ala Halo's Forge modes or run mod-interested logic through an easily modified scripting system. Here's hoping, though- I have a ton of ideas I never got around to implementing in KF2's modding scene and it'd be nice to just move those projects over to KF3.

Upvote 0
I see people actively ask for crossplay and I understand why, don't get me wrong. But I don't know how it's gonna work with mod support. If it's going to be very basic stuff, almost like fortnite's UEFN, I don't think I'll like that.
KF2 mods were upmost okay-ish, Halo weapons are incredible but there's zero EU servers with them and even then, most people wouldn't play on server with no xp, which is another problem with mods.
In 4k hours of my KF2 playtime, the most fun I've had playing maps, ported from other games (and we still can't even make custom music for maps in KF2, while we could in first game!!!). If I woudn't be able to do that in KF3, I'm done.

Upvote 0
They should remove the unraked (no-exp) thing but flag the server in a special way or make it easier for mods to be whitelisted, most people play vanilla because is the normal game but there were mods that made this game incredible good and varied like the Fiesta mod, CD, Specials Zeds, Eternal, etc. Easy to be broken for an update but were awesome.

We still have leveling maps so the blacklisted things make no sense.

Upvote 0