• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EXP not being rewarded properly

Silenced4eva

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2024
Dear Bug Report Forum Staff,

I believe I have found a bug with the game and I have tried my best to follow the bug report template pinned to this forum.

Category:
Code

Reproducibility:
Always

Summary:
EXP not being rewarded properly for low-level perks in BOSS WAVE weekly, offline solo-play. Running KF2 on epic games.

Description:
After prestiging lvl1 berserker and lvl2 demolitionist, I went into offline solo-play with both of them at lvl0.

I played the Boss Wave weekly outbreak on maps: Shopping Spree & Nuked.

After completing round 1/4, I received ~2300exp which was shown on my hud in-game and in the end-game summary screen. By doing this, both of my perks should have gone from lvl0-lvl2 immediately but instead remained somewhere in the middle of lvl1.

For example,

lvl0-lvl1 requires 795exp
lvl1-lvl2 requires 940exp
lvl2-lvl3 requires 1112exp
lvl3-lvl4 requires 1315exp
lvl4-lvl5 requires 1556exp
etc..
Therefore,
lvl0-lvl2 requires 795+940 = 1735exp.

So by rough calculations, ~2300exp from killing the 1/4 wave boss should've made my perks go from lvl0 to lvl2 with extra exp to spare. However, both perks remained at lvl1 indicating that exp isn't being rewarded properly or possibly not being carried over to the next level properly. I repeated this on my demolitionist at lvls 2,3,4 and they all similarly followed the same trend, instead of leveling up twice, they leveled up only once per boss kill, despite ~2300exp being more than enough to double level at this low level.

When I check my exp progression bar for my perks both before and after landing the killing blow on the wave 1/4 boss, I'm awarded ~1500exp instead of ~2300exp. I have reproduced this bug many times on both of my low-level perks. It does not seem to affect higher-level perks as I tried this on my lvl18 support and the exp reward worked as intended, both when progressing through lvl18 and when leveling up from lvl18-lvl19, both cases showed the proper exp progression of ~2300.

In all the games I only used the default starter weapons;
Prestige 1 Berserker lvl0: Crovel Survival Tool, 9mm Pistol, Lawn Mower Blade, EMP Grenade.
Prestige 2 Demolitionist lvl3: HX25 Grenade pistol, 9mm Pistol, Utility Knife, 1/2 Stick of Dynamite.

I have no mods/dlcs/custom maps and have not done anything to the game files, I am purely a vanilla player.

I live in Australia, NSW.

I am playing KF2 off Epic Games version: 537162-2024_01_30_21h15m50s

Reproduction steps:
1) Launch KF2 with an internet connection.
2) Go into offline solo-play mode.
3) Select the BOSS RUSH weekly on maps Shopping Spree or Nuked.
4) Select a low-level perk that is lvl0-lvl4.
5) Just before killing the wave 1/4 boss, check your perk exp progression by pressing the "esc" key and make a note of your exp progression.
6) Kill the boss and check your perk exp progression once again.
7) Compare the values of exp rewarded versus the actual exp amount gained on your perk progression bar (which you checked in Steps 5 & 6).

Online/Offline:
Offline solo-play

Attachment descriptions:

Dxdiag.txt: As requested.
Screenshot 1a: Level 0 berserker receiving 2327exp from killing wave 1/4 boss.
Screenshot 1b: Level 1 berserker which should have been at least level 2 after receiving 2327exp.
Screenshot 1c: Berserker's overall exp progression before and after, the total exp gained is 1506exp instead of 2327exp.
Screenshot 1d: End game screen showing 2411exp (2327exp + exp from other zeds during the round).

Screenshot 2a: Level 3 demolitionist receiving 2430exp from killing wave 1/4 boss.
Screenshot 2b: Level 4 demolitionist which should have been at least level 5 after receiving 2430exp.
Screenshot 2c: Demolitionist's overall exp progression before and after, the total exp gained is 1451 exp instead of 2430exp.
Screenshot 2d: End game screen showing 2511exp (2430exp + exp from other zeds during the round).

Cheers,

Tom

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    120.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 1a.png
    Screenshot 1a.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 1b.png
    Screenshot 1b.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 1c.png