• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game keeps on crashing on new pc

Silow

Oct 7, 2023
On my new computer, my game keeps crashing whenever I do anything. Sometimes I manage to play for a few seconds, but as soon as I do anything, such as tabbing out, changing settings and so on, it crashes. Most of the time, however, it crashes as soon as I join a server or even when I just start the game. A few months ago it worked for a couple of days until it started crashing again. Unfortunately, I don't know what the fix was or whether I truly fixed it in the first place.

I have already reinstalled the game several times, verified the game files, and deleted all the associated game files (at least the ones I am aware of). Additionally, the official support guide for such a problem doesn't seem to be a help either. Neither did I find any fixes on the internet.

I've set the resolution to 1080p on my 4K monitor.

My hardware is the following:
  • RTX 4090​
  • I9-13900k​
  • Z790​
Any help would be appreciated. I really miss playing this game

The last thing I would check is to make sure the game is attempting to launch with a dedicated GPU if your CPU has an onboard graphics chip (as the game does not support those).

That can be found in either the AMD/ATI or Nvidia control panel settings for Windows.

I'm not quite sure where to find it in the Nvidia control panel.

But if the game doesn't support my CPU's onboard graphics chip, I wouldn't be able to get into a running game in the first place, right? Because on rare occasions the game does work (more or less) and I am able to play. However, as soon as I tab out, for instance, the game crashes again

Upvote 0
I'm not quite sure where to find it in the Nvidia control panel.

But if the game doesn't support my CPU's onboard graphics chip, I wouldn't be able to get into a running game in the first place, right? Because on rare occasions the game does work (more or less) and I am able to play. However, as soon as I tab out, for instance, the game crashes again
It doesn't mean that it won't ever work, just that that device class was never tested against, nor had bugs assigned to be fixed if we became aware of them.

In the Nvidia control panel go to Manager 3d Settings (this is likely the default tab open)
Select program settings (it starts on Global Settings)
Attempt to find the game from the drop down box and make sure it is assigned to use the Nvidia graphics chip
If the game does not show up, you can find its exe manually to add it to the list.

Upvote 0
It doesn't mean that it won't ever work, just that that device class was never tested against, nor had bugs assigned to be fixed if we became aware of them.

In the Nvidia control panel go to Manager 3d Settings (this is likely the default tab open)
Select program settings (it starts on Global Settings)
Attempt to find the game from the drop down box and make sure it is assigned to use the Nvidia graphics chip
If the game does not show up, you can find its exe manually to add it to the list.

Hm, that makes sense.

I've checked it and it does use the GPU. Could it be possible that the game simply cannot handle modern hardware?

Upvote 0
Hm, that makes sense.

I've checked it and it does use the GPU. Could it be possible that the game simply cannot handle modern hardware?

It is possible, but unlikely as we haven't seen widespread reports on this. It is most likely some sort of driver conflict on your device at this point.

If you drop your launch.log from a recent crash in here I can take a look and see if it points at anything in particular.

Upvote 0
I don't always get a crash report, sometimes the game closes without notifying me at all. However, when it does it only gives me a crash report file (which I've attached as well, not sure if it is of any help), the launch.log file on the other hand is empty. Instead, I found a launch.log file under Logs in the RedOrchestra2 folder. Hopefully, this is helpful

By the way, thanks a lot for helping me out :). I didn't think I'd get much support for a 12 year old game.

Attachments

• crashrpt.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch.txt
    215 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0