• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Instant CTD after booting into a trios game

This looks like a driver error or a memory error. Do you have security software that may be actively running against the game while it is in use? If so try removing the game and re-adding it to any sort of allowed list for said software.
I reinstalled the game entirely, allowed it through my firewall, and I am still getting the same error. I don't have any unique security softwares on my PC that would have their own list, so I'm not sure what else I can try. Just in case, I'll add the error message again:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000038

MMDevAPI
MMDevAPI
MMDevAPI
ntdll
ntdll
kernel32
ntdll

Are there any files it creates on crash that might have more information I could provide?

Upvote 0
Okay, I was gone for a week in another country but I'm back now and I've reinstalled it on a different SSD and I still get the same issue. What I've found testing it though, me and a friend in duos in a private lobby, is that it crashes right when a teammate loads into the game, so if they can't load in for whatever reason it doesn't crash but at the exact moment they do load in it crashes. Its the same error message:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000038

MMDevAPI
MMDevAPI
MMDevAPI
ntdll
ntdll
kernel32
ntdll

Upvote 0
My partner figured it out, its the audio drivers on my computer for my steelseries headset that broke the game in specifically teams, we think its probably because when my teammate would load in and it would try to connect voice it would encounter the audio driver that might be corrupted and crash the game.

Upvote 0