• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 is taking up too much storage space, it's almost 100GB

Kantai_Hibiki

• Nov 9, 2018
    7203644.png
    The following content is translated by GPT-4. While it may not be completely accurate, it's at least better than Google Translate.
    I understand that computer storage space is cheap these days, but the size of KF2 is just too large regardless.
    Sometimes I invite friends to play this game, and even gift them KF2, but when they see how much space it occupies, they hesitate. Not everyone has that much GB of space, and some people don't have fast internet speeds, requiring several days to download this game. After a few days, or after they delete some things to make room for KF2, when I play with them, they complain that the game is as large as a triple-A game, but does not have the gameplay of a triple-A game.

So, have the developers considered reducing the size of the game? I understand that weapon skins and decorations are your sources of income. But at least, could you provide a low-resolution model version? Also, the seasonal appearances of the zeds take up a lot of space. Provide an optional DLC, similar to the Fallout 4 - High Resolution Texture Pack,(You can search for it and find it on Steam.) where players can choose whether or not to download the high-definition pack.

Reactions: Aleflippy
    Reminds me of the recent MK1's controversy, where every crash report weights a massive 1GB...

Killing Floor 2 is far from being the only culprit, but it's a trope I'm really fed up with. Every game these days is such a bloated mess... I understand that games are becoming prettier and richer, but do they all need to be 100+ Gb ?

Upvote 0