• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 PC & Xbox Hot Fix (Game version 1148)

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2022 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ As with every update, we’ll be addressing a multitude of issues legacy and new that arise over the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

General:
  • Castle Volter: Reduced memory footprint to allow more headroom to prevent out-of-memory issues.

Weapon:
  • Dual HRG 93R Pistols - Updated the 3p animation to reduce and remove clipping of the magazines and pistols when reloading.

Map:
  • Castle Volter
    • Fixed multiple areas throughout the map where players could get to spots inaccessible by ZEDs.
    • Fixed multiple assets that had no collision for ZED corpses.
    • Updated the blood splatters throughout the map to ensure better coverage across all assets.
    • Updated the Spectator boundaries in multiple locations to prevent the camera from leaving the map bounds.
    • Fixed multiple visible seams on the floor throughout the map.
    • Fixed multiple visible seams on the walls throughout the map.
    • Fixed multiple visible seams on the ceiling throughout the map.
    • Fixed multiple instances of walls, stairs, and other map assets culling/disappearing within camera view
    • Updated light sources and lighting in general throughout the map.
    • Updated the bullet decals and impact sounds to reflect the correct materials throughout the map.
    • Adjusted props throughout the map to reduce z-fighting/flickering.
    • Fixed multiple environmental collisions to correctly match with the map visuals and remove catch spots for players and ZEDs.
    • Fixed multiple instances of one-sided wall textures throughout the map.
    • Fixed multiple instances of extra textures being present within the environment throughout the map.
    • Fixed multiple instances of missing texture throughout the map.
    • Fixed an issue where the map could be seen loading in during offline matches.

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Reactions: razorfancy
No sound fix for the 93R?
There are more bug fixes coming in a future update. This is the same hotfix that was our priority to address the PlayStation instabilities. A few fixes got in with it but the main focus of the work was on the issues around the new map affecting PS. Their update went out earlier this month. This one is to bring Xbox and PC inline with the same fixes that went out with the PS hotfix.

Upvote 0
Any chance you guys might do some adjustments on weapons? A lot of the more recent weapons and/or updates I firmly believe needs adjusting. These weapons are all the ones that comes to mind and I have an idea how to improve them.

- MG3 Shredder (all the damage numbers and gun sound all needs reworking)
- Reducto Ray (why did you make it worse?)
- Freezethower (just like Reducto Ray, why do "incap" weapons suck so badly at actually incapping enemies? Winterbites and Frost Fang are fine because they actually do damage, these don't)
- HRG Stunner's alt fire (seriously why are the freeze grenades and flashbangs the only competent stun weapons in the entire game?)
- HRG Locust (the HX25 is seriously a better weapon than it now when I was using both with the Survivalist)
- Zed MK3 (please increase the magazine size, since 50 ammo is where all my Commando weapons start at, and let the rockets be stored as a alt fire like the HRG Vampire)

Upvote 0
Actually I'll outright write down all the things I think can be made to adjust these weapons.

MG3 Shredder
- Primary fire increased from 35 to 41 damage. I was originally thinking 40 damage, but the AK-12 has 40 damage, so I'm thinking of a more unique number.
- Fire rate decreased from 909 RPM to 780 RPM. The damage per second is roughly the same, but fire rate is no longer another copy and paste of the Stoner. Also makes single shotting enemies more easier.
- Alt fire damage increased from 15 damage per round to 25 per round. Overall damage is similar to 3 rounds of the primary fire (125 damage vs 123 damage). Alt fire also does 2 penetration (tying the penetration of the minigun and the FN Fal). Now actually earning it's "shredder" name and making sense why people might want to use the alt fire over the primary fire.
- Weapon pricing increased from 2000 dosh to 2500 dosh.
- Gunfire sound changed so it actually sounds more powerful as oppose to a card on a roulette wheel.

Reducto Ray
- Bring the shrink time back to 10 seconds so people can actually shoot at enemies with another weapon while they're small.

Freezethrower
- Let the freezing effect be similar to that of the freeze grenades. While I don't expect a single shot to keep a large zed frozen for that long, make it possible to eventually keep a large zed frozen as long as a freeze grenades with enough rounds to the enemy. Instead of the current state that a enemy is going to break free in literally half a second the moment you stop squeezing on the trigger or need to reload.

HRG Stunner
- The only justification to have anyone want to waste 5 rounds (literally 400 damage of primary fire) for the alt fire is if it actually did the same damage and effect as a real flashbang ala 125 explosion damage + undecided impact damage + 400 stun power + 200 stumble power. The M16, HMtech-501 and Teslauncher all do MORE damage than the grenade they're firing, so why is this gun being punished? That or let it actually store flash grenades like those previously mentioned weapons.

HRG Locust
- You can keep the base damage and levels the same, but make this weapon a tier 2 and give it 3 upgrades to make it back to it's original level or close to it. It's going to weight as much as a RPG when fully upgraded and much more expensive, so let it actually rival the RPG at that point. Ideas posted on this thread.

Zed MK3
-
Anyone who claims this weapon is overpowered is a idiot. It's a competent big machine gun type weapon that isn't restricted to being used solely on low level zeds, and that's all it is. Please increase the magazine size back to 100. Especially when you consider both Commando and SWAT has skills that allows it to have literally every gun in it's class start at 50 rounds (Zed MK3's current magazine size). Or if you think 100 rounds is too much, how about 80-90 rounds? Also allow us to store the rocket much like the HRG vampire. Having it automatically fire a rocket after every 6 rounds is too wasteful. However letting us store that rocket after every 6 rounds and using it as a alt fire is much better and can be used for better strategies in tougher games. Actually a 90 round magazine will have exactly 15 rockets stored.

Upvote 0