• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level discrepancy

JapanesePiano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 7, 2023
What is with brand new players being put against people level 100 and above?

It is almost like people who are high level probably have grinded enough to have weapons that do insane amounts of damage.

Even if you do play the game properly and are completely advantaged, at the end of the day you will still just get flicked and one shot by some guy who has lost interest in playing the game in a non-Overwatch way.

Am I the only one who runs into this?

Reactions: HealthHazard
It's very common, Deceive has no mmr and given how small the playerbase is, it's strangely a good thing. With solo, duo and trio in the game, the playerbase is already split up enough. It sucks to get stomped on by a Level 400, don't get me wrong. But I've also bumped into plenty of newbies, as well as people around my level (150-200). Until the playerbase is a majority veteran, this isn't an issue.

Reactions: JapanesePiano
Upvote 0
It's very common, Deceive has no mmr and given how small the playerbase is, it's strangely a good thing. With solo, duo and trio in the game, the playerbase is already split up enough. It sucks to get stomped on by a Level 400, don't get me wrong. But I've also bumped into plenty of newbies, as well as people around my level (150-200). Until the playerbase is a majority veteran, this isn't an issue.
Yeah, after giving co-op a try, it is definitely a lot more bearable. Once the game player base grows, I look forward to mmr being at least considered.

Upvote 0