• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report: How to Have a Blast This Summer

I still really hope you try to reason with them beforehand, otherwise that's kind of a dickmove.

(Although, considering I've played a lot of MvM on TF2 recently where people are so adamant to tell you "**** you, I play how I want", I wouldn't be surprised if people INSISTED on using the drone even when nicely told that it benefits no one)
Let's see ...
1/ The drone enrages scrakes and fleshpounds, which puts the team in danger.
2/ The drone ****s up zed time extension, which is problematic in itself and tends to piss off people, first of all the team's commando.
3/ The drone, when exploding, can damage players, and even kill them. Yes, it's verified behaviour, we lost a game because of that.
4/ Drones are mostly used by two kinds of people: the newbies that don't know better, and the [self-censored] that focus on kills above all else. The first can be taught, the second is useless to the team (because why focus on the couple FPs charging when you have so much trash to kill?)
So, if after being asked politely two times and (if they ask) given the reasons why, they refuse to stop using a drone, that's a votekick.

I don't give a **** about killcount. I don't give a **** about perk level if you're willing to learn. I do give a **** about the team being safe and killing the boss. If that makes me an asshole, I'll be proud to carry the title, and I'll keep on kicking drone users.

Upvote 0
I recently had a game where I and other players asked someone to stop using the Gravity Imploder because it was messing up the hitscanners' laning (and the hitscanners were most of the team, if you can believe that), wherein GE Dude told us (in much actual ruder terms) that anything is fine in vanilla HoE and told us to bug off to another server if we wanted to be elitist.

We didn't vote to kick because the team was doing *okay* despite that, but yeah...don't expect the best from anyone, unfortunately.
I play on console and situations like these have been starting to creep up more in a small noticeable way, since the drones were added. I find a match (if I'm lucky enough to find one given with the current crashing issue that is yet to be fixed, but I digress) on suicidal or HoE, and there I see 1-3 players already placing drones. I already feel what kind of team chemistry or lack thereof I'm going to have to deal with. I can't kick them straight out since players are alright with it as you mention in your situation, and they will perceive me as an a-hole for doing it and kick me out instead in some cases. In one case, I was last man standing trying to clutch a wave until I cross paths with a drone and it blew up. Killing me and costing my team the match. There is really not much I can do since servers are based on regions such as US West, US Central, US East, etc. If I had to server hop outside the US then I sacrificed connection in hopes of a good match which not worth it most of time. Maybe I just have terrible luck whenever I decide to hop on. Other than that its starting to get more ridiculous especially with this drone coming out if my worries and many others comes to fruition

Upvote 0