• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KFL Mod

glad to see you're back, thanks for continuing to support this demon.

i still get no special creatures in the squads, instead i get this:

(Function KFLv93.KFLGameType.AddSquad:005B) Accessed array 'SpecialSquads' out of bounds (0/0)

tried everything i know, charfix or no, long match, even tried not enabling doom 3 creatures, still i'm not seeing them in the squads although they can be spawned by the rtd.

is there something else i may be overlooking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I am not using the hotfix. Thanks though, it is helpful to see how it was approached. Funny our timing is rather close ... I just started messing with trying to fix the spawning on Tuesday...

I have implemented my own fix and created a custom version.

I have eliminated the AddSquad - SpecialSquad errors.
My method does have all zeds spawning (with exception of I am not sure if I am getting the variety of patty's or not yet). I have customized the StandardMonsterSquads list to reincorporate the D3 zeds but only some of them. It is pretty intense but the load is high. We do get occasional lag like pauses that I think Demon was trying to get rid of when he pulled the D3 out in the v92 release.

I have implemented a KFLMonstersCollection.uc file into the classes to mirror what TWI implemented for the events. This it took some time and several compiles but I sorted out what can go into the KFLMonstersCollection file and what remains in the KFLGameType - default properties. I have also imported some of the code from the KFGameType.uc file (still not available in the SDK... :mad: ) to manage the AddSquad issue. Not entirely sure its exactly the way it should be but it works.

@Misery01 the Long game is 10 rounds with round 11 for patty and round 12 for doom boss. I do not use a sandbox setup.

Upvote 0
Also to fix an issue with the M41 ...
in M41AD.uc file the ItemName needs correcting:

ItemName="M41A" should be ItemName="M41AD"

Additionally

PickupClass=Class'KFLv93.M41ADProjPickup' should be PickupClass=Class'KFLv93.M41ADPickup'

It is causing issue with both the M41AC and M41AD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
link for download is bad
I installed this today. None of the custom zeds work. I was thinking that some of the spawn problems were fixed with that 1/23/2013 hotfix. Interesting mod though but I am hoping to have a server with meatpounders and some cool zeds. I like the Wtf Mod as well. I sure wish this problem with the zeds was not ruining these great mods. What a shame.

Upvote 0
I believe that Demon_333 made a change from version 80 to 92 that pulled out custom zeds to try and improve performance/load. This mod is pushing KF to its limits. As a client connecting to a KFL mod server, the Large Address Aware change is pretty important to reduce client crashes.

If you want to change that you can use the provided source code to change the zeds that spawn and recompile the mod.
If you do recompile, do a rename of the package.
Eg. current release by Demon_333 is KFLv93, I have a recompiled version named KFLvCM.

Upvote 0
I believe that Demon_333 made a change from version 80 to 92 that pulled out custom zeds to try and improve performance/load. This mod is pushing KF to its limits. As a client connecting to a KFL mod server, the Large Address Aware change is pretty important to reduce client crashes.

If you want to change that you can use the provided source code to change the zeds that spawn and recompile the mod.
If you do recompile, do a rename of the package.
Eg. current release by Demon_333 is KFLv93, I have a recompiled version named KFLvCM.
I only removed the doom 3 zeds from the squads, but every other custom zed remained.

I'm having trouble getting our KFL squad code to work, if someone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Demon_333 I have figured out the squad system but still get a good bit of warnings/errors... yet its playable.

I tried lots of ways to alter round 11 but for now have resigned to
round 11 = standard patriarch
round 12 = KFL boss - doom boss or custom patriarch

PM me or let me know how you want to coordinate.

Upvote 0
Well I have a working fork, and I shared with Demon_333 what I managed to figure out. Beyond that I cannot say where he is at. I believe his intent is to provide a working update.

I may be releasing my fork at some point but there is some ongoing issues to work out. I am hoping Demon_333 puts something out that may overcome some of my issues and then I can maybe refork it to my liking.

Upvote 0
Where i can download? :(

Where i can download? :(

Hi, your mutator looks so good, it's been a while and i see the mutator is not fixed, i don't know where i can download it, so where i can download this mutator? i don't mind if you give me the mutator with another old version, give some link please... i just want have it. Thank you for attention.

Upvote 0