• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Player, Some Thoughts

sayzawn

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2024
Hey everyone! Been playing for a couple weeks now and really like the game! I'm trying to get all my friends to play it. I just found the forum and saw a place for suggestions so here I am! Just have a few UI suggestions and other thoughts.

Adjustable Lobby Music Volume
How do I mute the lobby music without manually doing it in settings every time?
Is there not a way to do this? If not, that’s my first suggestion. Maybe alt-tabbing to another window or minimizing the game window? Or simply something in the audio settings?

Minimize To Taskbar Button
How do I minimize the game to the taskbar when it’s in windowed mode? I cannot figure it out. Is it possible to have minimize, maximize and close buttons like so:

minimize.png

Field Upgrade Notification Description Text
Really small text or am I just getting older??

bigger.png

Map Knowledge
Once inserted, I'm somewhat familiar with my immediate surroundings. However, remembering the layout of the entire map is somewhat difficult. Maybe that just takes time? Some kind of map would be nice or at least the ability to play a private match with only NPC’s just so I can familiarize myself with the maps.

I think I read about some elements of combat are being reworked, but in case I missed it:

Combat Thoughts
1. Add an enemy damage indicator (bars or numbers?). I have no idea if any of my shots are hitting or is that what those musical tones are? I do like the melody when I kill them though!
2. Movement during combat is a little clunky. Is sliding, sprinting or mantling being considered? Ducking, slow strafing or jogging away rarely helps :(
3. Second weapon? Pickup enemies weapon? Drop items?
4. Kill cam.

There are some other obvious things like all terminals being done with a few minutes but I think other people have already mentioned that. I'm excited to see what's in store for the game! If I have any more thoughts I will just edit this post.