• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Shop Items: Knock-Out Halos, UI Reskins, and AI Announcers

TheCreatorT

Apr 27, 2023
Many people have been asking for more stuff to spend credits and bonds on, which is honestly a good problem to have because it means they are heavily invested! I am one of those people,. and I have two ideas for more shop items.

Knock-Out Halos

main-qimg-baea6246a185f9794998af37903d8e82

When you kill an agent (and maybe NPCs?), your purchased knock-out halo will appear around their heads as a sort of calling card. Think birds, stars, the Deceive Inc Logo, etc. The reason why you don't have it apply to yourself is because you would barely see it so it would instead apply to other people.

UI Reskins

I think it would be fun to have UI reskins, ranging from simple color swaps to themed agent skins. Imagine that the purple eye in the UI is instead a red heart for Red, or a snake's head for Xiu. That would really allow folks to be engulfed in their agents.

New AI Announcers

This one is admittedly the most work but what if you could buy different AIs that would comment on your mission instead of IRIS? Similar to announcer packs for Mortal Kombat or the companion AIs in Halo: Infinite. Each AI has a different unique personality, like maybe a disdainful and calculative one to an overly violent one. Heck, you could make an AI based on Knight for extra lore!

Reactions: HealthHazard
Upvote 0
UI Reskins

I think it would be fun to have UI reskins, ranging from simple color swaps to themed agent skins. Imagine that the purple eye in the UI is instead a red heart for Red, or a snake's head for Xiu. That would really allow folks to be engulfed in their agents.
Agents already have basic color swaps on their expertise :p, I doubt they would actually change icons since the eye does have a meaning; unlike the heart or snake.

Upvote 0
Many people have been asking for more stuff to spend credits and bonds on, which is honestly a good problem to have because it means they are heavily invested! I am one of those people,. and I have two ideas for more shop items.

Knock-Out Halos

main-qimg-baea6246a185f9794998af37903d8e82

When you kill an agent (and maybe NPCs?), your purchased knock-out halo will appear around their heads as a sort of calling card. Think birds, stars, the Deceive Inc Logo, etc. The reason why you don't have it apply to yourself is because you would barely see it so it would instead apply to other people.

UI Reskins

New AI Announcers

This one is admittedly the most work but what if you could buy different AIs that would comment on your mission instead of IRIS? Similar to announcer packs for Mortal Kombat or the companion AIs in Halo: Infinite. Each AI has a different unique personality, like maybe a disdainful and calculative one to an overly violent one. Heck, you could make an AI based on Knight for extra lore!
I love the idea of a knock-out halo! I don't know if that's an original idea idea or if it's taken from another game; but I think it would suit Deceive so well.

Upvote 0