• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Notice: We are looking for diligent agents who provide clear and concise feedback and bug reports

Unsure if this is still open, but am always willing to lend a hand to help the game.
I feel like this would not be Active anymore, Since the post was made before the game even released. I'm assuming they were looking for Alpha Testers. Not to mention the fact that no one from the Staff, or Development Teams have responded to anyone's questions whether this is still a thing, or not, here, or on the Discord Server.

Upvote 0
I would love nothing more than to help the dev team find and fix bugs.

• I play a more casual approach ( don't intentionally hunt down other players, and prefer to engage the objective over a Battle Royale with extra steps )
  • I play mostly Ace, and prefer to take fights at long range. Until the Holiday Rumble update, I have consistently been taking fights at or past medium render distance. The render distance has since been increased drastically ( Good change! ).
  • 437 hours according to steam. I believe I have a thorough understanding of the game and its mechanics.
  • I frequent the #bug-reports forum on Discord, but do not post there often.

Upvote 0
I suppose I can always volunteer, and be simply refused if I don't meet the criteras, no harm in asking.

• I'm not much of an FPS gamer in general, outside of deceive inc itself. The only FPS I've played a lot of in my teens was TF2, but otherwise I don't have first hand familiarity with the call of duties and counter strikes of the world. Simply put, I don't consider my perspective to be that of a "FPS gamer", so, more on the casual side of the spectrum.
  • A majority of my playtime is W1 Red, but I've been deep in love with W2 Sasori for a while now.
  • I'm approaching 60 hours of total playtime according to my in-game profile. I feel like I still have things to learn about the game, but I'm definitely long past the beginner pains.
  • See this bug report for example.

Upvote 0
I would love to help out testing the game. Ever since (re)discovering the game I am completely hooked on it. My new player experience was a little rough, as I kept on being beat by the same high leveled streamer. Here is some stuff about me:
  • I'm playing since August and have since racked up over 400 hours of steam gameplay, and 208 hours of profile-playtime.
  • Although I have dabbled in some FPS (Little CSGO, some Valorant, Quite some Overwatch (2)), I wouldn't necessarily call myself a true FPS gamer. I just like to play whatever game brings me fun at that time.
  • I will always try to win the game, but not at the cost of fun, either to me or to others. I will only use strategies that I find fun to use, and limit the ones that I would find unfun to play against myself, such as intentional vault camping.
  • I try to always stay positive and even when things are not going my way I always try to treat everybody with the respect they deserve.
  • Whenever I encounter questionable behaviour I will try to make note of it and check it with other experienced community members or post it as a bug report in the discord threads.
  • I wouldn't say I have a true main-agent. My most played hours are on cav, but I change up whatever I'm playing to get better at all of them.
  • I'm currently creating a twitch plugin such that viewers can get more information on what's happening in game (info on active loadout, lookups for terminology, information on other characters). This with the over 200 in game hours tells me I should have a decent understanding of a lot of stuff happening in the game. Similarly I hope this helps out alot of new players when watching streams or make it easier for players to pick it up.

Upvote 0
G,day, count me among those interested.
  • Play style: Competitive
  • Main Agents: Xui, Squire, Larcin, Red (I try to flex but can't get my head around Yu-Mi or Sasori)
  • Familiarity: According to my in-game profile I have 1604 games and 234 hours. My xbox tells me I have 354 hours logged.
  • QA Assistance History: My other game atm is Rust Console Edition, I'm the only community member with admin on their discord (160k) and run things alongside the CM. Very familiar with submitting reports to QA and helping them with any tests they'd like to carry out as I've been helping out for 3 years over there. Most recently I was one of 14 community members asked to run a playtest for their recently launched community servers. In the past, I have 6 years of Exhibitor experience at PAX AUS, running the Console Tournament booth, plenty of troubleshooting and problem solving there. And as for the present I'm a nurse, so documentation and collaboration is something ingrained into me.

Other details about me:
    Series X
    AEDT
    30yo
    I loooove this game.
    I don't use forums all that much, Discord is ofc preferred.

Upvote 0
Those who do may be asked to help us with other, more frequent missions, that will require them to sign an NDA.

All viewpoints and play styles are valid and up for consideration to be included as part of this program, but the ideal candidates to be invited should let us know the following:
  • Play style (casual/competitive)
  • Main Agent(s)
  • Strong familiarity with the game and how it plays out
  • A history of providing good reports (bug/feedback) or helping others is a major plus (and being able to provide us with an example of such)
Those who are invited will be asked to provide more details such as personal information, best testing times, and sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) and must be legally able to do so.
Hello,

I'm excited about the opportunity to be a part of your frequent mission program. Here's a brief overview of my qualifications:

Play Style: I am a very competitive player, focusing on high-performance gameplay.
Main Agents: My main agents are Yumi, Chavez, Ace, and Squire. I have developed a deep understanding of their capabilities and strategies.
Game Familiarity: I have a strong grasp of the game mechanics and strategies, which is reflected in my gameplay statistics.
Performance Stats: My competitive nature is backed by an impressive average K/D of 6.5 and a 60% win rate across all modes (solos, duos, trios). You can verify my stats at Deceive Inc Stats.
Bug/Feedback Reporting: I have a history of providing valuable reports, including notable bug reports about Yumi and a recent issue related to a git merge.
I am committed to contributing to the game's development and community, and I believe my skills and experience make me an ideal candidate for your program. I understand the requirements for confidentiality and am ready to sign an NDA and provide any additional details needed.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the possibility of working together to enhance the gaming experience for all players.

contact me in Discord DM, please. Discord tag: skiffin

Upvote 0
Thanks for the opportunity, sounds like fun!
I'm an indie developer & world-building guru, with content creation on the side.
I've got quite a few projects I've made myself & I'm definitely interested in helping out!

Play style: Very Casual. I frequently play & make games with newer players in mind! When I play games, whether with friends or alone, my main goal is usually not winning/playing optimally & I lean for a more chaotic/fun approach, haha.

Main Agents: Variety! I love the sneaky characters like Xiu & Larcin, but Red, Cavaliere & Squire are all great choices too! I'd be fine experimenting with any of the cast.

Game Familiarity: I've picked up the game shortly after the steam release & have been enjoying it ever since! I'm very familiar with how the game loop feels, as well as intended strats vs "meta" strats - I usually opt for off-meta strats. I've also invited a number of friends to enjoy the game!

Bug Reports: I've posted bug reports over in the community discord whenever I've found them while playing! I'm happy to playtest knowing I'll run into glitches & unintended interactions, since I have experience knowing how unpredictable coding can be at times!

Side note: I was a HUGE fan when the Revive Station changes were released, because it made the game much more forgiving for all types of players, especially newer spies, so they could reliably continue playing. Love changes like these! Extra fun side mechanics like Lost & Found Boxes, and lootable bonds/cassettes have all had a great place in the game!

I should be available over on Discord under the same username: VGMelodies. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I've been wanting to help out with the development/growth of this game for a while now.
  • Play style (casual/competitive) - I play games in a competitive way by using game theory to optimize strategies to make the most of situations. However, I do enjoy that Deceive Inc is on the more casual side... Games that go too far into the Esports scene can get consumed by it. I was ranked top 500 on NA East Overwatch by analyzing the flow of the game and creating good direction for teamplay. However, when I game, I tend to enjoy playing the lesser popular characters so I (try to) have an anti-tier anti-meta mindset.

• Main Agent(s) - Yumi & Chavez by playtime, but I'll play anyone.

• Strong familiarity with the game and how it plays out - I have a strong sense for shotcalling to maximize my team's chances of winning (in solo, duo, trio) and understand the direction the devs took with designing the game's phases. I know the struggle (in development) that exists with hyper-aggressive players against the more casual players, the value of utility that some gadgets bring over others, agent checks & counter-play, and balancing issues across agents.

• A history of providing good reports (bug/feedback) or helping others is a major plus (and being able to provide us with an example of such) - I work as a fullstack developer with a deep passion for game development and game design. I believe that good game design comes with a healthy balance of casually fun gameplay (easy to pick up, seamless) alongside some depth from the competitive side. I've provided feedback and bug reporting regularly for Overwatch (with some coaching, back when I played that) and a few ideas for Deceive Inc. I'd like to be able to share more ideas, test new features, or help with fixing some of the issues newer players face.
All in all, game design & development is my passion and I'd enjoy to be able to help create content to grow the community in a way that keeps the game in a positive light. I'm always on discord so reach out to me if there's anything I can help with.

Upvote 0
Play Style: i main a variety play style of stealth/passive and use of all gadgets as well as combat in being aggressive. Tiktok/ YT:jabberz gaming for references.
Main Agents:
My main agents are Ace, Hans, and Yumi. Time to time I do play other agents depending on my team but these are my preferred in Solos. I am a well rounded player that adapts easily and have a diverse knowledge on all characters and their pros and cons.
Game Familiarity: Been playing for all seasons, I am aware of most bugs that still exist as well as the gameplay at hand that causes lots of players to win and lose. WIth this knowledge I would like to insight what kind of abilities and agents are meta so we can create balance across each season/update.
Performance Stats:
#8 most eliminations all time in Deceive-stats.com. I took a break a bit late Season 2 in wait for another update, but as far as stats go I am consistent in the manner of how I am able to recover from fights/ win fights which are key ways to win a game. With this insight I hope to make the game a bit more rewarding for fighting as well giving players chances in balance updates to even the playing field w/ insight on what is dominating most encounters.
Bug/Feedback Reporting: I am aware of the forums and actively bring up any problems with the game. With the amount of game I actively play I am sure to be able to report anything that comes up.

Upvote 0
Greetins, I am interested to help the game grow more and more. Name is Yordy and the information you asked is below:

Playstyle: Casual (some times competitive)
Main agent: Madame Xiu
Familiarity with the game: Played since launch, and follow all updates

On the bug report and help others I'm braziliam and speak portuguese, that's the only example (on english) I have teaching a new player about the classes in the game. But I'm also a streamer that plays Deceive Inc. and I try to explain the game and how it plays every stream to bring new players and help the new agents.

If you guys need to:

Attachments

• imagem_2023-12-15_122219646.png
    imagem_2023-12-15_122219646.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: nickzinhowo
Hi, just wanted to mention my interest in participating in the Agent Testing program.

Play Style: Casual, I play a lot to understand the basic mechanics and sus out other agents, but I don't like playing it as a high-octane twitch-reaction FPS.
Main Agents: I try to level up all agents equally but I like playing Sasori, Hans, and Squire the most.
Game Familiarity: I have over 100 hours on the game and all characters leveled up to 10. I play when I'm not at work or overwhelmed with my university studies.
Bug/Feedback Reporting: I've worked as a video game tester on two AAA Warner Bros. games (Back 4 Blood and an unreleased title, cannot disclose due to NDA). I've also participated as a beta tester on the insider program for Endless Dungeon and on a Spanish localization project for an unreleased indie game (NDA). I have 2 years of professional experience and 1 year as voluntary of reporting issues by giving concrete feedback on the issue and comunicating directly with Devs. I'm currently working for a company in Uruguay specialized in banking and service provider apps as a functional QA semi-senior tester.

For your consideration, I have attached below an example of one of my reported bugs for the Endless Dungeon game, which included screenshot, last 2 saves, user logs and seed.

Should we continue with the process, you may contact me through Discord with the tag: Giga

Have a wonderful weekend, and happy friday.

1702656643753.png

Upvote 0
Greetings! I'm also interested in testing stuff, especially for the "glitch-hunting" part of the job =).
  • Play style (casual/competitive): Usually competitive (especially when in duo/trio with my friends), but I also love to casually wander in the maps when given the opportunity.
  • Main Agent(s): Ace
  • Strong familiarity with the game and how it plays out: I'm aware that I'm not the most experienced player out there, having only 135h playtime on Steam right now. And a good chunk of that time was about playing in "solo private lobbies" during the beta, when it was still possible to start games alone =). Which brings me to my main asset...
  • A history of providing good reports (bug/feedback) or helping others is a major plus (and being able to provide us with an example of such): I have a real passion for glitch-hunting and I've been participating to many betas of other games. During the private lobby beta, in one week, I discovered a lot of little oddities in Deceive Inc: some were small, some were a bit more concerning, some were completely unfair advantages, and some just broke the logic of the game. I stopped glitch-hunting this game because it is not possible anymore to start a game alone, and it's not possible (and not fair!) to glitch-hunt during normal matches. However, if the testers have access to tools to start games alone or have access to "pacifist servers" where we can test everything freely, I would be glad to try to break the game again =).

Upvote 0
I'm interested in helping with the testing for this game. I want nothing more than the game to be the best version of itself.
  • Play Style: (Casual/Competitive): I can play any strategy depending on who i play with but i prioritize objective over finding a deathmatch preferably but if i see players i won't try to stealth away from the fight.
  • Main Agents: My stats would indicate Madame, Larcin, Yu-mi and Octo. However I like to play all of the characters with any combination of Expertise, Weapon and Passive if given the chance.
  • Familiarity: I've played the game since launch (I took a break from mid S1-mid S2) but have put in consistent hours per day Steam says 485hrs, ingame stats say 310hrs. I would say I am very familiar with the game and its nuanced interactions and AI behaviour. However, playing with as wide an audience as possible always teaches me that I always have something more I can learn.
  • History of bug reporting: I enjoy finding or learning about glitches in any game and stretching the use of them to better understand the scope and its impact on the wider game. I actively try to familiarise myself with the current state of the game by frequenting the forums and collaborating with members of the community to identify if something isn't functioning as it should. Professionally I am a Senior Software Engineer and have experience in manual test driven analysis and reporting.
Other Notes:
Timezone: AEDT
Region: Oceania
- So I play with a noticeable amount of delay, always defaulting to International servers over Australian. So I can provide a perspective if ever accounting for connection.

Upvote 0
Hello, I would like to participate in this program and help out as much as I can.

Personally, I'm a player that likes to focus exclusively on one game for a large amount of time, building a passion for it.
Therefor I spend a big amount in one game alone and focus mainly on it.
This way I get very decent in the game (by my own measurements of what I consider good gameplay), I also get deep insights into the games, how players play it and how the community interacts with the game.
I experiment a lot with what is possible in the game (i.e. trying out non-meta and sticking with what is fun rather than strong).
Most importantly though in this context, I notice tiny changes very quickly, patterns and how they can affect gameplay of the game as established so far.
Meaning I gain a lot of knowledge and can provide feedback not just from the current thing presented to me, but I can also evaluate it with the current state of the game and make comparisons (evaluating the thing tested and what effect it might have on the game).

Playstyle: I am more of a "run into it and either die or win" player. I wouldn't say I'm highly competitive but I tend to enjoy winning versus other players. Since I prefer to play fun builds/characters over strong things, I would consider myself more on the casual side, leaning towards competitiveness.

Main Agents(s): I love variety and due to this I tend to switch agents a lot. I would say I try to play all of them. As of now though, I'm not playing much of Chavez and Octo, but I do want to play them more in the future. I would consider Cavalière, Larcin, Yu-Mi my mains, but I try to play them all equally and this selection can change quickly.

Strong familiarity with the game and how it plays out: As described above I try to find everything possible within the game, every playstyle, study other players and so on. To put it into comparison, I can build every map in my head released so far, knowing 80% of what is on it, where people could most likely spawn and trying to decipher the logic of guards, player spawns, ammo/food/intel spawns...

A history of providing good reports (bug/feedback) or helping others is a major plus (and being able to provide us with an example of such):
I haven't been a tester for a game yet, but I try to report bugs, exploits and such if I can find them. In Deceive so far, I reported 2 exploits, one with "Mimic-Movement-Speed-Exploit" and one "Scan-Running-Exploit" via the "Dyno - Moderator Contact Form". Sadly, I did not take screenshots, though I wouldn't want to put them public until they are fixed.
As profession, I work as a programmer building websites and workflows. This way my mind generally works in a logical "IF-ELSE" kind of way, which might come in handy. I might not be able to provide feedback like a professional, I think though, that I can provide valuable insights and can learn fast and adjust.

Upvote 0
Hi there! I'm coming here from the "State of the Game 2023," and would happily give some feedback on the game, plus have a bit of unique experience with it that might help. I'd also mention here that my game partners will happily sign an NDA to test things in trios for you, but would leave writing feedback to me. (Though I'm happy to help out solo - I just wanted to give the option of a dedicated team that plays together.)

Playstyle: Competitive Trios. The playstyle we most enjoy is speed and stealth, over straight-up deathmatch. Aggressive ambushes are always good, though. Two of us are level 500 and the third is high 400s, and we play Deceive Inc nightly.

Agents: We've all played every character at least to mastery level 10 (or 9 in a handful of cases.) My one true main is Ace, but I'm also experienced with Larcin, Hans, Madame Xiu, and Cavaliere. https://www.deceiveinc-stats.com/stats/75285h0h-72hm-648l-ii19-568373j73l52

Familiarity with the Game: I've been playing since the release of the game, and have gotten very used to its quirks. Most importantly for what I can provide to this program, however, is that one of my Trio, Mac'n_Cheese, has some significant adaptive needs. Due to this, I've written scripts (which do not at any point interface with the game, only send keystrokes) to help include her and allow her to play the game with foot pedals and limited use of the left hand.

That includes using timers and audio cues to make Madame Xiu's Expertise 2 work across all three modes with only a single button, for example. I'd be thrilled to provide feedback into making the abilities and gadgets in the game more usable from an accessibility standpoint, which would also help new players get over the steep learning curve by letting them focus more on the game over the mechanics.

Bug/Feedback Reporting: I've got a long history of reporting bugs - the email used to do so is associated with this account. I try to do so whenever I encounter them, after the game. As for providing feedback, I avoid the discord for any game (though I'd use it specifically for this program), but I have been active on the subreddit under a different username.

My most important bit of feedback is to allow bouncepads to not auto-retract in the pre-game lobby only - the change took away spontaneous tower-building in the lobbies!

Upvote 0
I am definitely interested in any future beta test or perhaps test for future content! Please let me know I was in closed beta for Dark Age of Camelot, Dota 2, and other games. Also I have an IT Certificate in Support and Computer Maintenance. and a Bachelor's Degree in Drawing.
Those who do may be asked to help us with other, more frequent missions, that will require them to sign an NDA.

All viewpoints and play styles are valid and up for consideration to be included as part of this program, but the ideal candidates to be invited should let us know the following:
  • Play style (casual/competitive)
  • Main Agent(s)
  • Strong familiarity with the game and how it plays out
  • A history of providing good reports (bug/feedback) or helping others is a major plus (and being able to provide us with an example of such)
Those who are invited will be asked to provide more details such as personal information, best testing times, and sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) and must be legally able to do so.
Count me in

Upvote 0