• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shoot to pieces

Necromorph style then? I kinda dig it, and would make the game even more of a gory mess than it already is ! But I believe it should be akin to exploding the head of a tougher zed : the zed will slowly bleed out, but they can still attack your team in the meantime. I do wonder if it means every separate limb would need their own "health bar" though... And I don't know how well that would perform in game. Plus, you don't want zeds to be TOO EASY to kill. Kiting endlessly is already a problem... Imagine if you could simply blast the legs of every zeds around and move around at your leisure? I also wonder how zeds like Gorefasts, Gorefiends, Sirens or Fleshpounds would move without their legs...

If anything, blasting away limbs should be doable only when zeds are already at pretty low health, meaning that only one or two shots would be enough to finish them in most cases. Providing mostly visual flare rather than a real strategy unless you're in a very tough spot. That, or zeds could get new abilities when they lose their limbs somehow. Imagine a husk spewing flames from its mouth after getting his cannon blown off !

Reactions: Anon24w0w~
Upvote 0
I dig with your suggestion, perhaps TW is already evolving the MEAT system to implement something like this. Although I will say that it does gives me some COD zombies vibes with the, "Watch the crawler while I use X or do the easter egg steps". Nevertheless, I really look forward on how advanced the gore system will be compared to its predecessor. Maybe they'll bring the whole moveable organs after zeds obliterates tech that TW showcase during the development of KF2. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Anon24w0w~
Upvote 0