• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Speedhack detected ruining the game for many

Now I really dont get the issue.

Should not server admins be able to choose if they want speed hack detection or not?

I could see the point in posting a thread in "support" listing servers that do not use speed hack detection.

But you seem to be suggesting speed hack detection should be removed from all servers. Is that true?

Upvote 0
Yes,i'd say it would be for the better of the game,as dat mentioned before,it even happens server side,if a server cannot handle the load of the players connected,it "accuses" them of speedhacking and even kicks them after,that situation is indeed very bad if it's the "standard",i'd say leave it as an option for the server admins that want it enabled to enable(although i never met a hackers in my 2-3 weeks for playing on servers with detection off,and there is a kick option,so why keep in even as an option anyway,ok i'll try to stay democratic :) ),but not as the default,because as many mentioned,it causes many many more problems than it's fixing,and for me it can very easily be considered a huge bug of the game,there already is vac and punkbuster(Although speedhack detection is indeed a faulty buggy portion of punkbuster) to take care of the cheaters(never met any,and i consider the community of the game generally very mature,even after the new big wave of players)
A portion of code that kicks legit players for whatever reason,is for me something to "rage" about,and it has to be resolved soon,not everyone has a steady connection,and many times packet loss is unavoidable,server-client side that is,even with a very good connection-amazing router,not being able to play a mainly online game for this reasons,after so much time after release,is something that doesn't make sense to me,keep vac-punkbuster updated,and get rid of that faulty portion of hack detection,that makes the community smaller,and makes people not enjoy the game and be able to choose the server they want to play on.

Upvote 0
:)

The speedhack issue is well known and "old data." If you have chronic problems with kicks involving speedhack it is almost always due to abysmal broadband speed and throughput. This issue does not need a repair crusade. Toss the 1.544 Mb/s "can & cord" and buy some gaming class broadband. You don't show up at a formula 1 race driving a demolition derby "beater."

Upvote 0
:)

The speedhack issue is well known and "old data." If you have chronic problems with kicks involving speedhack it is almost always due to abysmal broadband speed and throughput. This issue does not need a repair crusade. Toss the 1.544 Mb/s "can & cord" and buy some gaming class broadband. You don't show up at a formula 1 race driving a demolition derby "beater."

Agreed!! Speed Hack kicks are a non-event. Period.

Upvote 0
It just happened to me now for the first time so idk it could happen more but I doubt it so that's weird that a bunch of others has had this Hero Wars problem but I've only had it happen 1 time before today.
You may not have noticed you dug up a thread from 2013, but the most common cause of this is an unstable internet connection with packet loss. Iffy wireless connections tend to be the number 1 cause.

Upvote 0