• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spread spawns out more

Glad I'm not the only one!

I swear, in every game, I am spawned literally right next to someone. There's a couple houses in Fragrant Shores in particular where me and someone else will spawn literally in the same building but on different floors. Then one of us hears the other open a grey safe inside the building, and a fight starts. Or two of by the docks, with a similar outcome.

The under water mall level is another one notorious for this. I can't count the number of times me and someone else both spawn in/near that small arcade at the corner of the map.

Can't help but be curious why the spawns are so close together, as it feels like we're being forced to fight so early. I've even had quite a few games lately where the person I spawn next to agros me, so I run, which makes me run into another person, who I run from, which brings me to a third person... Sometimes I just want to get my bearings before the fiesta starts lol

I would love to spawn a little further from others.

have you though about just playing a bit slower at beginning, like the 1st minute or so? i rarely die early after spawn since i dont rush a grey safe as soon as i can since most ppl are in corridors, streets and houses, and its a bit of a cluster**** so you might get shot by multiple people. i also close drawers in the room i spawn after getting intel/ammo in case a player hears and comes as creates reasonable doubt of who i am, because if he shoots the wrong target i get a choice of 1st shot opportunity or just crouch and act like a npc for a few seconds and he will lure others to him so sometimes u can just see ppl fighting and get some vulture picks. in most of my games i end up walking and going for a green room upgrade 1st and then i can get a grey fairly easy and safe afterwards as i move to guard rooms since most ppl at that time are hovering guards or inside staff rooms and not the streets/corridors/houses.

the game its currently structured to funnel players to go to guards rooms and create a kill box there anyway so if you are getting killed on spawn just play a bit slower while everyone is pilling on each other at the start. you are not forced to participate unless you are super obvious or want to participate. i've seen players being a bit sus of me but just ignore me in order to not lose tempo to move into guard rooms, just like i ignored ppl or sus npcs before.

an example of when i ignored other players was when i played a madame game in a lobby with a lot of chavez, squires and a couple of hans. i ignored a player early running around since although i might be able to kill them since i could get the drop on them i didnt engage since i would not kill that agents fast enough to get away unscathed with madame and had a very high chance of just dying to another player that sees me, and i was rewarded for it since 10 seconds later a chavez and hans fought near the entrance of a guard room and i just killed the chavez after he killed the hans, before being ambushed by a squire and having to expertise away. if i shoot the player (idk if it was the hans or chavez) i might have killed them but would probably lose enough hp that i would have a very big chance of just dying to the squire or the other player nearby before i could react.

Upvote 0
have you though about just playing a bit slower at beginning, like the 1st minute or so? i rarely die early after spawn since i dont rush a grey safe as soon as i can since most ppl are in corridors, streets and houses, and its a bit of a cluster**** so you might get shot by multiple people. i also close drawers in the room i spawn after getting intel/ammo in case a player hears and comes as creates reasonable doubt of who i am, because if he shoots the wrong target i get a choice of 1st shot opportunity or just crouch and act like a npc for a few seconds and he will lure others to him so sometimes u can just see ppl fighting and get some vulture picks. in most of my games i end up walking and going for a green room upgrade 1st and then i can get a grey fairly easy and safe afterwards as i move to guard rooms since most ppl at that time are hovering guards or inside staff rooms and not the streets/corridors/houses.

the game its currently structured to funnel players to go to guards rooms and create a kill box there anyway so if you are getting killed on spawn just play a bit slower while everyone is pilling on each other at the start. you are not forced to participate unless you are super obvious or want to participate. i've seen players being a bit sus of me but just ignore me in order to not lose tempo to move into guard rooms, just like i ignored ppl or sus npcs before.

an example of when i ignored other players was when i played a madame game in a lobby with a lot of chavez, squires and a couple of hans. i ignored a player early running around since although i might be able to kill them since i could get the drop on them i didnt engage since i would not kill that agents fast enough to get away unscathed with madame and had a very high chance of just dying to another player that sees me, and i was rewarded for it since 10 seconds later a chavez and hans fought near the entrance of a guard room and i just killed the chavez after he killed the hans, before being ambushed by a squire and having to expertise away. if i shoot the player (idk if it was the hans or chavez) i might have killed them but would probably lose enough hp that i would have a very big chance of just dying to the squire or the other player nearby before i could react.
The issue isn't playing slow, because I have abused this myself. The issue is that the spawns are so close, that you can immediately run out of where you spawned, to another known spawn point and kill the player standing there. Also there are many areas on every map that you can spawn in line of sight of another player. The Arcade in Silver Reef for example, two players can spawn in that room. Its usually the first to notice the other player that gets the drop. Fragrant Shore, you can spawn on a different floor of the same building and hear the other player opening drawers and such. The issue is that it doesn't matter if your playing slow when other players spawn so close and just hunt you down. Even if you survive this, it completely puts you behind the game. You now have to go heal, get intel/ammo back then continue where you were, which when the meta is speed running the vault, every second counts when getting into a vault. A good example of all of this is when you have barely got your first intel and you already hear a gun fight going off. Fixing this issue, would not change the game much and would give more players a change of winning. If your caught grabbing a white in the room you spawn in, or hacking intel, your usually not being aware as no one should be getting to you that fast, so by the time you react, you are already almost dead or are dead.

I have learned to mitigate this slightly by just bailing on the first room I spawn in but this shouldn't be necessary to play the game.

Upvote 0
One match, I spawned literally next to a 1 intel phone and a gray safe next to it. As soon as I could move I looted the phone, opened the safe and took the gray chip. While my character was putting the chip away someone unloads a full clip on my back. This was 6 seconds into the game. It wasn't a crowded place either, there were only 2 NPCs and the enemy spy around me. It's quite absurd.

Upvote 0
One match, I spawned literally next to a 1 intel phone and a gray safe next to it. As soon as I could move I looted the phone, opened the safe and took the gray chip. While my character was putting the chip away someone unloads a full clip on my back. This was 6 seconds into the game. It wasn't a crowded place either, there were only 2 NPCs and the enemy spy around me. It's quite absurd.
Just had the worst one yet. Another agent and I spawned in the same room on Reef, turned to each other and started fighting. This was within the first second of the game.

Upvote 0
I'm adding this one since it is by far the worst spawn I've seen so far:

I'll also note that, while I don't record my games and cannot share them, I've had a few spawns where 4-5 people are in the same vicinity and half the lobby is dead within a minute. I really hope spawns get more spread out, because this is ridiculous - you don't even get time to play sometimes.

Upvote 0