• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voice Actors of the game?

but you as the developer should know the voice actors you hired for kf2 or am i wrong?
I do wonder if gaming studios have any say in which voice actors they hire, especially for localization. I remember the first Killing Floor having a very amateur French dubbing, that got added quite later down the line too. It was super funny, and totally in-tone with the game! But I doubt Tripwire themselves commissioned such a dub.

I'm not well-informed in the matter AT ALL, so don't take my post at face value. But I would guess that the dubbing process is entirely external to game studios, outside of English of course. I'd expect them to simply reach out to studios abroad to handle the dubbing, and the choice of voice actors is then done by said studios. Which would explain why Tripwire simply doesn't know much about who dubbed the game in German. Just like I would assume that directors wouldn't know who's dubbing their movies elsewhere... Or writers about their books, and so on.

Upvote 0
I do wonder if gaming studios have any say in which voice actors they hire, especially for localization. I remember the first Killing Floor having a very amateur French dubbing, that got added quite later down the line too. It was super funny, and totally in-tone with the game! But I doubt Tripwire themselves commissioned such a dub.

I'm not well-informed in the matter AT ALL, so don't take my post at face value. But I would guess that the dubbing process is entirely external to game studios, outside of English of course. I'd expect them to simply reach out to studios abroad to handle the dubbing, and the choice of voice actors is then done by said studios. Which would explain why Tripwire simply doesn't know much about who dubbed the game in German. Just like I would assume that directors wouldn't know who's dubbing their movies elsewhere... Or writers about their books, and so on.
Even if Tripwire doenst know who voiced the game in german. Could tripwire then tell me which game studio they hired? So I can get in contact with this studio for this question.

Upvote 0