• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PSA: Investigation into reports of increased PlayStation instability

As the team continues to work on this issue, it has become apparent that a fix will not be ready before this weekend.
Yoshiro, thank you for your presence on this forum thread. The are obviously different types of customers out there, and I'm sure you've heard plenty from the disgruntled ones.
The rest of us I think understand that bug fixes can be boring and slow. I think we're all glad that you've completed locking in a reproduction case to target your fixes on. The PlayStation side of this community i think is just worried that the Castle Volter bug in this thread may be different than the crashing when going online if your main menu doesn't show your PS avatar.

Thank you for the insanely long life you've provided for KF2 and any attention your team can afford on these issues.

Reactions: TheJokerMyers
Upvote 0
The problem is the game. Not the PlayStation network. You play a game long enough and you'll get the rare crash. But I've never had a game crash on me 15 times in a row from just trying to join a game - except KF2 (since the Halloween update). And it is still almost impossible to join someone else's game. Pretty much makes the whole Halloween update pointless.
You are not alone on this problem I managed to play a Endless hard match and a regular survival match only on private only invite only it still crashes on the weekly and it also still crashes on public and it’s not because of hackers I been playing this game for the whole life time it’s been on ps4 this is not the first time this has happened with kf2

Upvote 0
The team is still hard at work on this issue making incremental builds continuing to test for causes and solutions.

While improvements have been made, we are not yet at a place where we believe we have a release candidate build and are continuing the process.
Hi,

I was trying to host a game with 3 other friends and the game crashed almost instantly. Just wanting to know how far we are from the fix?

Also how far kf3 is :)

Thanks,

Upvote 0
What's a bit disappointing here is the lack of communication. Even if nothing has changed, there should at least be some messages from the team every two days checking in. Given that the main message for this thread hasn't been updated in 10 days, it's starting to feel like this issue is not getting any priority. This may not be the case, but how would your customers know unless you communicate.

Upvote 0
So... never got an answer here. I assume PS4/5 players are just up **** creek when it comes to getting the event stuff done, because no way in hell the majority of players were able to get 5 rounds of endless on the new map, let alone the required 15.
If your question is about the event being extended, that is addressed in the first post, and yes the plan is to extend the event.

Upvote 0
I've been playing killing floor 2 for some time and have thoroughly enjoyed the game in its ups and downs. The game is a bit clunky on higher rounds and experiences fps drops frequently. Especially on last gen consoles. The game seems to be missing sound files for the new sidearm that or it's bugged and not playing. The new map is unplayable. I have completed most of my challenges for the event. I've only ever got to round 8 on Castle volter on a PS5. Got a few different errors on the map. One time I fell through the map upon loading into the match. Fastest round I've played in a while. I understand that these issues happen. The other mapfiles are like not corrupted. There must be some sort of missing file or something out of place. Perhaps some sort of sound file is bugging out. I've experienced crashing on other games for missing audio files or missing persistence data. I've been searching for lobbies to play in the last few weeks. And the player counts are diminishing. This is unfortunate as this will hurt the player counts for the PlayStation. I'm not angry just a bit annoyed that other players will quit over a bug. Uninstall and never return out of pettiness over a bug. I'm also frustrated that I can't play together with players on other platforms. If I could play with the players who are enjoying this update I would be happy. Instead I just get votekicked out of the few lobbies that are running maps that aren't castle volter. Doomed to reconnect to one of several lobbies running said map only to get a game crash screen. I play every night and I don't think player numbers have ever been so low. I feel like I'm playing alone most of the time. People join and leave. Again and again hoping to get a full lobby but they eventually get the new map, and quit after 1 or 2 errors. I've lost so many friends over the last few weeks it's terrible. People are saying they are done with kf2 on PlayStation. Hesitant to jump into kf3 if it has a rocky launch but I remain hopeful that it will deliver. I really want to emphasize that while I understand the bug is isolated to the PlayStation player base, Rolling back this update would save you and I from diminishing player counts. Undoubtedly the community at large understands that bugs are a part of KF development. Please save the game on PS4-ps5 it's dying a bit everyday and I don't think it's going to be fixable before a significant amount of my friends leave the game. I put so much hype into it that they no longer trust it after opening the game to just crash indefinitely. Please help

Upvote 0
We apologize that this issue has taking us this long as our investigation has has shown it to be more complicated and difficult to solve than anticipated. Every day the team has continued to drill into the root cause of this issue and has made progress towards a hotfix, but we are not yet at a point where we are comfortable with providing an ETA as there are still some things actively being investigated and worked on around this issue.

Due to disruption, we are extending the Halloween event until 11/28 (tentative, and depending on when a hotfix is ready to deploy) to give players more time to complete the objectives. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Reactions: Obi-Juan45
Upvote 0
We apologize that this issue has taking us this long as our investigation has has shown it to be more complicated and difficult to solve than anticipated. Every day the team has continued to drill into the root cause of this issue and has made progress towards a hotfix, but we are not yet at a point where we are comfortable with providing an ETA as there are still some things actively being investigated and worked on around this issue.

Due to disruption, we are extending the Halloween event until 11/28 (tentative, and depending on when a hotfix is ready to deploy) to give players more time to complete the objectives. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Thanks for trying your best. New map is fun and we're looking forward to choosing it!

Upvote 0